The rack on the left needed to be moved but of course we had been piling stuff all around it. At least it was the rack with less wood. To top it off it was very cold Saturday morning. It was in the mid 30's with a wind chill around 29. Don't let that blue sky fool you. The wind was howling & blowing straight where we needed to work. I found my ear muffs that I love but guess what, they were broken so I had to improvise. I put on my Boggs rubber boots, a t-shirt, a long sleeve shirt & found a thin hoodie to help cover my ears (I can't stand my ears to be cold) & also donned a fishing hat to keep it all in place. Here is the pic, before I put on the flannel lined denim jacket & fuzzy gloves covered by work gloves. Mama Pea, I can't believe I am sharing this but here goes.
Not my best look but it definitely did the trick. Husband moved the wood on the rack itself & I tackled the
As we were working, one of my cousins pulled up. He had been trying to contact my Mom & didn't realize she was at my sister's & was concerned. I'm sure he thought that I looked pretty silly but didn't say a word, just gave me a big hug. We chatted with him a bit & then he helped us push the boat out of the way (behind the wood pile) & then he helped move the wood rack itself.
We left early this morning so we could stop by my sister's to say hello to my Mom. She's doing great just having trouble deciphering her meds, but in good spirits. My sister took her to church this morning so she was happy to get 'dressed up'. My sister will continue to educate her on the meds so Mama will be straight when she's ready to live in her new place.. Please say a prayer for my sister. Although, she is much more patient than I am it can still be very stressful.
While there my BIL cut us some fresh broccoli from their garden & while we were standing around chatting, his parents new additions stopped by to say hi. They are 2 pregnant females that were given to them. I'm not sure of the breed but they have identical dark brown crosses on their backs (apparently the whole herd does). His Mom calls them Jesus donkeys. They are very protective of the cattle they have. And they are verrry loud brayers (right term?).
Next week, we should find out when the new trailer will be delivered & what our timeline is. Until then, I've got a busy week. Hope everyone is getting back in the groove after the Holidays.

14 comments:
You are weird! You look good enough in your outfit to be on the pages of an L.L. Bean catalog! All ready for a day's stream fishing.
Caring for a parent involves all kinds of delicate issues so I have sympathy for you and your sister. Hopefully, your mom will be able to be back in her own home soon. I'll say a little prayer for her. And your sister. And you.
Mama Pea,
I hadn't thought of calling L.L. Bean, thanks for the suggestion! And, thank your for the prayers for my Mom & sister.
Why rubber boots?
Hey PP,
Insulated & somewhat muddy ground but mostlyfor warmth from the insulation.
We can't have a wood pile anywhere near our house as the mice tend to make nests in it. Mice = snakes... :(
We just leave our wood pile out in the open and in all weather - it helps dry out the wood quicker - especially the heat in summer.
DFW,
I think you look comfortable :-) and good.....like Mama Pea mentioned.....you look like an LL Bean model.
When I dress to keep warm, I look like a darn hill billy. Then after working a bit, it's time to start striping off the clothing because were getting to hot......then I look as if I just rolled out of bed, lol......
Don't work to hard!!!!
Good to hear your Mother is doing better. In time, your Mother will understand her medication.
Hugs and prayers,
Sandy
I think you look cute in that photo! I can certainly relate. Someone caught a video of me a while back, while I didn't know it and on my own camera, and there I am working away and the entire time my "chest" is hanging out there for the world to see! I could hardly believe it! It was still rated PG, but I'll never again wear tank tops while at The Compound working. I did to keep cool and eliminate as many tan lines as possible. Now I'll just deal with the weird lines...
Glad to hear your Mom is doing better and I'll include your sister in my prayers.
We are worried about mice as well but the racks keep it up off the ground which seems to help. If we would just quite piling stuff all around them.
Thanks Sandy. I'm making her a daily list of what she needs to do & what she needs to take & when. I'll have it laminated & put on a clip board & hang with marker attached so she can check off each item each day.
Oh my gosh Izzy, that had me laughing. Thank you for the prayers.
I think you looked great! You should see how we dress around here when it's cold outside. HA! I've got a fuzzy "Elmer Fudd Hat" and all!!! We usually stack our wood (right now) under a distant shelter and then haul a load with the tractor down to the house. I should do a blog post about that. Thanks for the idea!!
Thanks SFG.
That's farm and homestead fashionable!
Thanks Leigh. The term fashionable is used very loosely on us.
Post a Comment