Saturday, December 21, 2013

Homemade Gifts Finished!

Here are the first table runners & hot mats that I made for my friend, sister & Dad's wife.

Front

Back



And more table runners & pot holders for the people that work for me.


The table runners are all reversible with fall fabric on the back. I made 23 various 'cookies in a jar mixes' & attached the potholders to them. Didn't get a pic though.

I've also continued to find fabric at bargain prices from estate sales. Here's a pic of my latest purchase:


This was about 1/2 of the entire box ($25 for all). I plan on making a wedding quilt for a cousin that is getting married next June out of some of this. A simple 5 or 6 inch square pattern. I'm still a novice.

For now, I've put it all away just to get my dining room back. It's very addictive but taking a break is essential to hopefully keep me from burning out. Would love to have a room to keep it up all the time but that isn't possible right now.

Oh well, gotta get back to wrapping presents.


16 comments:

  1. My address is.......LOL...Seriously, those are beautiful and homemade gifts are just the best! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I give you my address too...?

    Wonderful - you are very gifted. I know everyone will love their gifts for they come from your thoughts and time and heart. What a wonderful friend, sister and daughter you are.

    Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani. They are far from perfect & I swear if I never see another Christmas pot holder, I'll be just fine:)

      Delete
  3. DFW,

    Me too......I can forward my address, lol

    Your work is beautiful!!!! Your family members and co-workers will love these table runners, and pot holders. Homemade gifts from the heart are gifts that will always be cherished and remembered for years to come.

    Wow, what a deal on material. I love all the colors and patterns on this material. I hope you take pictures of the wedding quilt your making.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can we be friends? I actually like the squares better than patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Linda. I think they are so much more authentic!

      Delete
  5. okay buddy...just give me the name and address of whoever i have to kill in order to steal a table runner or square...no one ever needs to know that you were involved - bahahahahah! oh DFW - they are just simply beautiful!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work, they look great! What special gifts! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Izzy. Merry Christmas to you & the Moose!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful work. I think my favorites are the second ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic! Oh, your gift recipients are in for a real treat! Good job!

    ReplyDelete