Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Been busy .... quilting, avoiding the Bridge traffic & such

I haven't posted in a while. I have been filling my working time (corporate bs) with quilting table runners for Christmas gifts.

I have the unfortunate situation of having to deal with traffic from the recent bridge issue that happened in our fair city. So, I have been either going in very early or very late. When I go in early I come home around 4:00p & actually have energy & time to work on projects. When I go in late ... not so much.

If home early I sometimes find time to work on my mini projects:

Small runner 48" x 12"
I have 3 tops made, all from scrap or estate sale fabrics & 1 more to go. I also have fall fabrics to 'back' them with.

I have planted a fall garden again in a different spot in the city with hopes of having enough sunshine to actually grow something. I put in a couple of raised beds which have now sprouted 'volunteer' tomato & 1 habenero(sp?) plant. I'll post pics this weekend of the beds.

Oh well, with all the arguing I have been swayed away from posting but feel the need to continue documenting my own journey moving forward.

Enjoying a rainy Tuesday night, getting ready to have pork tenderloin, potato cakes & fresh sauteed green beans (from CSA). Will hopefully have another post this coming weekend. Hoping the cool weather comes in like predicted.

14 comments:

  1. The runner will be so pretty! What a thoughtful gift to give someone! Your supper sounds yummy! Wish we had a CSA here! I am hoping that the cooler weather comes in as predicted too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DFW,
    Quilting table runners will make beautiful gifts. Homemade gifts a so appreciated!!!!
    We had a pork tenderloin tonight too :-) with black beans and rice. I would kill to have plantains, you don't see them here in Oklahoma.
    Drive carefully with the construction on this bridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy. I hope they like them. I'm trying to be patient & take my time so they are somewhat straight.

      Delete
  3. Once you get caught up in the arguing blogs, you temporarily lose sight of what is sane and important. It's ultimate peace and family that counts, and nothing says peace and family like concentrating on the comfort of quilting. Let others stir up a war that does not exist (yet) and avoid demon drivers trying to make up for lost time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, family is what is most important to me these days.

      Delete
  4. Nice work, maybe one of these days we'll actually get together for lunch and you can show me first hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Izzy. Looking forward to a visit, remember it's my treat this time ;)

      Delete
  5. What beautiful work! I really admire quilters - such exacting work with such lovely results. I am math-challenged and have the focus of a fruit fly. I don't see quilting in my future. I'll just enjoy looking at yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! It is using a lot of my non-existent patience.

      Delete
  6. The runner is lovely! Chilly rainy days are just the ticket for motivating creative projects like that. Your dinner sounds pretty good too, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. The runner is beautiful! So like the holidays... I'm sorry you're having to cope with crazy traffic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary Ann. They are supposed to open the bridge next week, so hopefully will ease up a bit. Although, I have actually enjoyed getting home early.

      Delete